Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2019, 23:27   #708
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit (New).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I'll never understand why the ERG didn't go for May's Deal, especially the 2nd time when it was clear what was happening. I don't know what they thought would happen but after the deal failed they were reportedly cheering and humming the Great Escape.
I think they just ended up wanting to defeat May's deal and hoped she would step down if she lost, with a more hardline Brexiter replacing her.

I suspect that the Withdrawal Agreement could end up a lot more representative of the country as a whole than the more narrow ERG take on Brexit.

If only Theresa May had done this at the start, she wouldn't have put herself, business and the country through lots of unnecessary stress.

---------- Post added at 23:27 ---------- Previous post was at 23:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
Makes me laugh how they take a chunk out of May but couldn't even pull a deal off themselves.
May's be trying for years. They've only had a few days.