Thread: Superhub Virgin Media Figures
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2018, 08:18   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media Figures

you are absolutely correct, regardless of your tier, you should be able to get more or less the maximum throughput the device allows. As an example, if your devices were all ac compatible and you were on a 50mbit internet connection, then you should be able to get 50mbits without breaking a sweat. In my case, I have an ac router and my connection with VM is 350mbits and on my ac compatible devices I get 350mbits because it is only a fraction of the speed they are capable of. The communication between the router and clients is independent of the wan connection and can run at the maximum speed of the clients, the only thing which slows it down afterwards is the restriction VM places on it once it hits the network. In your case I would expect to be getting closer to the 100mbits but there are reasons why you might not be getting it.

I can't explain now because I have got to go to work, bbl.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote