Thread: Superhub Virgin Media Figures
View Single Post
Old 19-08-2018, 22:00   #1
dewi9
Inactive

dewi9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Media Figures

I have just been 'upgraded' to the new Hub3 and am not happy. It seems many other clients/customers of VM are also not happy.

My main gripe is the poor wireless (wifi) throughput using this hub.

Virgin Media have a 'blow their own trumpet' page at http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/speeds.html , which claims 'Hub 3.0 testing – “fastest WiFi” claim substantiation" and gives figures to support this claim.

Also given is a plan of the building and setup used to obtain the figures quoted,

Well, my situation is pretty similar, in that I am behind two walls from the hub location (equal to their kitchen).

Figures given are -
ch6 2.4GHz Samsung S4 Kitchen 42.550Mbps. This is using 'Vivid200' (the fastest) package.

I am on the 'normal' 100Mbps package, so should I expect half this figure (that is, 21.25Mbps) as the best I will ever get ? If so it is some distance from the 100Mbps I am paying for.

I appreciate that 802.11N is rated at a maximum of 450Mbps rather than 1300Mbps available with 802.11ac, but surely I should be getting more than the 18Mbps (yesterday) and 19.2Mbps(today) - both at 9:30pm.

I was getting 45 - 58Mbps on my old 2ac wifi box.
dewi9 is offline   Reply With Quote