View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 13:53   #6042
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
2035 remains the goal. I said back in 2015 that in 20 years' time, the linear channels would no longer exist. I'm not altogether understanding what you think has changed. 20 years from 2015 is 2035 unless my maths is letting me down.

---------- Post added at 13:21 ---------- Previous post was at 13:19 ----------

Tell that to the Netflix and Amazon CEOs. Clearly, you know so much more than them. I am sure they would greatly appreciate your counsel and wind up their companies immediately.[COLOR="Silver"]
I don’t see why Amazon would need my advice. I’ve stated making profit from a Premier League auction in the three year window as challenging and they didn’t bid in the first round - they seem closer to my way of thinking than yours from my vantage point here.

Nor did Netflix. I’m sure they’re fully aware of the challenges facing them as well and will be monitoring the situation quarter on quarter.

You yourself seem to see the challenges as well, was it not you that suggested in future platforms like Virgin will become ‘content aggregators’ and that will generate increased revenue for the streamers? Not that I see how that as wildly different from the present - only the delivery method you seem to be contending will change.

Quote:
No, for the simple reason that there have been so many technical difficulties with streaming.
So many difficulties, so few solutions.