Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 18-10-2021, 11:17   #7618
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Likewise, what was previously well considered input from yourself has deteriorated into nationalist flag waving. If the EU were behind us in vaccinating kids I’m convinced you’d make the contrary argument.

It might comfort some to think we are the best in the world, however looking at our cases, hospitalisations and deaths I can’t help but feel uneasy.
I don’t recall saying my such thing. I pointed to a differing approach to medical ethics. Whether it’s better to prioritise the herd or the individual is an interesting and important subject. I find it surprising that European countries suffering far greater problems with vaccine hesitancy in their populations than we are, should seem more ready to press an issue in this way. As for the British approach, I see no data as of right now that supports the idea that we should be in a hurry to vaccinate children when the benefit to them is so low, the risks to the individual, though low, border on exceeding the benefits to that individual. The argument about giving space for virulent mutations is not persuasive, given the dramatic reduction in the number of variants of interest over the past 6 months. There are now only 2, recently designated, and both have been circulating in South American countries since last December/January.

If you wish to fulminate over your loathing of the British state that’s your business, but it is just a bit tedious to keep reading it. Some engagement with the ethical issues, rather than rehearsing your favourite conspiracy theories, would be welcome.