View Single Post
Old 20-04-2021, 19:00   #52
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: European football clubs agree to create a Super League

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
The clubs can't exist in isolation, which means things like media rights would be complicated.
Most, if not all sports operate in a similar manner.
The Bosman ruling was about the specific situation where a player's contract had come to an end.
Link
I’m not disputing that most, or all, sports operate this way or that on some level it could be desirable (that’s a whole other debate).

But when challenged in court on a point of law they need to be able to point to where legislation or legal precedents allow them to operate in this manner. I don’t see where this exists.

I’m totally against the idea and hope the courts do rule against clubs seeking to break away.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote