View Single Post
Old 25-03-2019, 14:30   #259
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: New content for Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I am looking forward to hearing the details relating to content on the new Apple SVOD service launching soon.

I notice that they plan to be a super-aggregator of content. I wonder if this will deter Virgin Media from adding this service to their platform. I hope not, but the lack of Amazon on the platform so far does indicate a certain amount of resistance to the idea.

It doesn't look as though Disney+ will carry that disadvantage (at least from what we know so far) and so hopefully we will get that from launch.

If we end up with Amazon, Apple and Disney +, I shall be a very happy bunny!

https://advanced-television.com/2019...vod-evolution/
It's more likely to be the pricing model - at the moment, Amazon get the money directly - if they re-sell (through any model), the re-seller will have a slice, and they can't put the price up, as why would anyone pay more for a service you can get cheaper directly.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote