View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 11:57   #6
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Is this a workaround to record more than 6 channels on cable boxes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I record a lot of radio as well as TV programmes, so find the 6 tuners useful. A way of obtaining an 'extra' tuner would be useful for the odd time that there is a clash with no +1 channel available. In this instance I have to use VOD at present for one of the programmes, but I don't like using it if I can help it.

---------- Post added at 21:33 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

Interesting set up!

I've since been told that this was a feature of early DTT PVR's when they were built with only one or two tuners. I only knew about this possibility after someone else told me that their Humax Freeview PVR allows complete recordings using this feature ie it has 3 tuners, but can record 4 programmes! No idea how old it is or which model though.

jj20x has informed me that Tivo's used the feature on VM when recording consecutive programmes from the same channel with overlapping start/end padding:

https://www.forumbox.co.uk/forum/thr...704#post105704

In this case, it was possible to record the overlap at the same time as recording other content from the other tuners. As far as he knows, the feature wasn't carried over to the V6, but can't say for sure.

Anybody?
Sky HD+ used to record the overlap on both recordings, when setting padding to say 10 mins before and after, when recording consecutive programmes from the same channel.

SkyQ doesn't even allow you to add padding to a recording - progress apparently. So you have to rely on the broadcaster updating the schedule when programmes overrun - some do lots dont
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote