View Single Post
Old 23-06-2018, 12:44   #3
Oldie
Inactive

Oldie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Hub 3 Modem Mode base LED Magenta

ozsat

Thanks for taking the trouble to respond. I've a lifetime for experiencing the fact that when I discover the answer it seems blatantly obvious. In my gloomy little computer room at the end of the day the Hub 3 base LED did appear dark-pink, reddish. When I checked the Virgin Media help pages it states that red means the router is too hot. That's why I attempted a post. Nothing on that particular VM page about modem-mode/magenta. On further searching I came across a post on the Virgin Media community help forum that mentioned magenta in modem mode. I should have searched a little longer. In the bright morning light the base LED does indeed appear more magenta than reddish. My old Super Hub 1 had a purple face light when in modem mode. I only use the Hub 3 in modem mode as I have a wireless router connected to an unmanaged Ethernet switch that suit my needs a little more comprehensively. My router has a guest network option which the old Super Hub did not, although I notice the new Hub 3 has. I've always been very pleased with the hardware and service I've received from VM.

Regards
Oldie is offline   Reply With Quote