View Single Post
Old 20-06-2022, 13:30   #738
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold
Re: The energy crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61860717

Someone should remind Ofgem that that is how DD works. You pay the same every month, either gradually paying-off a debt caused by high use over winter, or you build up a credit to be able to clear the upcoming winter bills.

My former provider called me and asked if I wanted a growing credit to be refunded, and the caller was obviously surprised when I explained why I did not.

The problem is that not all providers do/did that, leaving some customers with many hundreds of pounds in credit when their suppliers went bust. Avro never reviewed direct debits in my experience. When I renewed my tariff and asked for some of my credit balance to be refunded they refused and instead offered to reduce my future payments by £10 per month. But this was a result of me phoning them and asking, not them proactively reviewing my account.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote