View Single Post
Old 02-06-2022, 16:58   #403
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Freeview changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
RXTV think BBC News HD will be back on Freeview in 2025 when CBBC HD and BBC Four HD is close.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/bbc-making...ew-hd-channels

For all we know maybe BBC is going to rent out more room on BBC B so that two more SD Channels can launch on BBC B.
They don't actually say that they think BBC News HD will return to Freeview in 2025, they say "the arrangement is likely to be only temporary" in a paragraph that only talks about the BBC Four closure. You are putting words in their mouths.

Is it likely they will put BBC News HD back in if a stream becomes available? Of course it is, and RXTV may well think so too, but this isn't explicitly said.

On the other thing, yes it's entirely possible they might fit in additional SD streams in. Some on Digital Spy are wondering if the opposite might happen, and the existing two SD channels on PSB3 will close. Personally I don't think they will close, there looks to me (not that I'm an expert) to be enough space for additional SD in addition to the extra HD stream.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote