Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
View Single Post
Old 18-01-2022, 17:42   #153
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
There is no source for that - it was stated by the rather questionable DS poster who also definitively said it was closing in December 2021, then maybe January and now February… I’m sure the goalposts will be shifted again in due course.
To 2035 perhaps?

---------- Post added at 16:34 ---------- Previous post was at 16:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Still not appeared on Digital Spy Forum
I guess you mean on digitalbitrate.com. It won't show up there yet, it's service labels and SDT only at the moment. SIDs 2307, 2309 & 2313-2318 if you want to watch out for them on there - although only the England versions (2307 & 2309) will be active.

Quote:
Do you know if Zee TV HD is also testing.
I've not seen anything to say that it is. That's the sort of thing that would appear on digitalbitrate first, as a new service without a proper service name.

---------- Post added at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Media Boy can probably remember, VM may have moved the SD regions to 860s range when Scotland/Wales/N Ireland regions went HD on 101 several years ago, rather than remove them immediately.
I think they changed the internal ID of the 8xx services to match the old "nations" SD versions. It fooled boxes into thinking any programmes had been recorded from one of the 8xx services. An option that won't be available for the English regions.