Thread: Football 2020/2021 season
View Single Post
Old 25-01-2021, 22:00   #370
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: 2020/2021 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
Some say Thiago is slowing it down too much in midfield but I can't see that myself, if anything we're currently missing Henderson more than we probably should. We're just going through a bad patch which hopefully will end as quickly as it started, it generally takes one good performance to kickstart things. We're 6 points behind with half the season to go, I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet.
The problem is Fabinho and Henderson are the engine of the midfield and by playing them as centre backs you take that midfield thrust away.

Thiago is a quality player who will be much better next season.

A Liverpool supporter never throws in the towel but one has to be realistic rather then being over optimistic.

---------- Post added at 21:00 ---------- Previous post was at 20:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
I think the Yanks are stalling on actioning any big transfers so not looking too promising from our perspective. With hindsight it was probably a bad idea to let Lovren go but at the time we had four centrebacks for two positions and he was bottom of the pecking order. Of course we couldn't anticipate the antics of our noisy neighbours alehouse goalkeeper and the sudden brittleness of Gomez and Matip.
I think VVD will back back before season end but possibly not soon enough.
l would say they are not stalling but are being realistic as you tell me who can they get at this time of the season?.