Thread: Amazon Star Trek: Picard
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2020, 22:21   #167
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Star Trek: Picard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Why ?

I dont have a problem with it, after all, he was partly artificial already.
Having an artificial heart is one thing.

Spoiler: 
being completely artificial in every way is something else. I know it’s probably trying to send out metaphysical questions about what it is to be human.

But in the next series, you are no longer looking at a frail 90 odd year old man that could have the weaknesses and issues a 94 year old man may have. You are looking at an android that (underneath) is super strong, super brain processing power, will never be tired, will never forget anything etc etc etc.) It is not a 90 yr old man. It takes away the human element , and all the weaknesses associated, of Picard

That’s why, the next series will be all the more weaker for it.

---------- Post added at 22:21 ---------- Previous post was at 22:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Saw that coming - "Chekhov’s Gun" came to mind when that appeared in a previous episode.
I read on a site somewhere that what they did was a possibility, but I never thought that would be the case.

Loved the series but I can’t understand why they would go this way.

But hey, apparently there was a 3 series deal or something like that so it must all be mapped out. I’ll wait and see.