View Single Post
Old 26-11-2016, 10:32   #14
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Please document any V6 issues here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Is your home an old building, with solid walls? - this could affect the wifi signal.
Yes, it is. It works ok for my Smart TV & other devices though. Perhaps the V6 is more sensitive??

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Richard, Given the two floors separating your V6 and Superhub and the network status showing marginal wifi connection, I would suggest that powerline connection would be more appropriate for you.

Which wifi band is the V6 currently connected to? If the 5GHz band then I would suggest moving the connection to the 2.4GHz band as it has a better reach than the 5GHz band and this may help.
Thanks, I'll look into this

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Don't fret, old chap. Richard appears to have gone to the dark side. There is no way that any sensible person would be actively looking for faults in this way. If he did the same against Sky, the result would be the same.

Sorry, Richard, you have provided much entertainment on Cable Forum, but this is becoming a pantomime! No provider of services is perfect, but you seem to underestimate the difficulties in providing a service in this fast moving technological world.

If you waste your life in finding fault with what others do, you will never be disappointed, but you will lose your credibility.

Just use the box in the way that most people do, and I am sure that performance will be more than acceptable.
Don't talk so stupid. How on Earth can finding that the box isn't working be "looking for fault"?!

Idiotic statement.

Yesterday evening the picture started going on & off again, am I supposed to just shrug my shoulders and say c'est la vie?

It worked fine again, but it wasn't a 'connect to VM' that corrected it, it was a reboot this time.

If it happens again (after checking Robbos suggestion) I'll report it as a fault. Nobody else has reported any problems with their V6, so I will have to assume that its my particular box that's faulty.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote