View Single Post
Old 20-01-2007, 17:12   #845
berties40
Inactive

berties40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

I feel very miserable at the moment, why we changed from Sky I will never know, oh yes, NTL had an offer so we took up broadband, TV and phone.
They came to fit on the 15th Dec, to fit all wiring 10 mins, bearing in mind they drilled an hole from one room to another for broadband connection, ripped my wallpaper, broke several decorations from my Christmas Tree and nail the cable through my £40 metre wood floor, scrstched my TV, did not put the wiring round the skirtings but, took the wire across the front of the radiator (hot pipes and all) did not fit the wiring to fit skirting and then nailed the cable onto my floor across the front of the fire place and round, I cried when I examined the work. They could have take along a skirting board and round a door casing?? supervisor came back to do this he then damaged a radiator and nailed the cable to the wall instead of the skirting.

I have taken photos and will be taking through to smallclaims. The installion people were COBRA for the Lancashire area NTL - our first phone bill was not ours but someone elses they had to put new wiring in the box!!

They had charged us for calls when we are on tal unlimited.

Have had a reply to a recorded letterI sent saying that customer services would get in touch that was over 2 weeks ago. Have been offered compensation but but would not pay for any of the damage. They did send a joiner round who sub-contracts for Cobra to take out the nails and fill in the holes with cosmetic stain, you can still see it!! But they were very busy making right what Cobra had nmade a mess of.

The supervisor was very rude who visited after the istallion and stated that he had pulled up outside and spoken to his boss and said "god, this is a nice house, not one of the usual messes' he continued to say that he would not have expected installation like this in one of the house they see has a mess - holding his nose" should this make a difference??

Think I have tracked HO down for cobra and if it takes 18 months I will see them in the small claims.

---------- Post added at 17:11 ---------- Previous post was at 17:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriz105 View Post
OK well I was supposed to have had my ntl services installed on Saturday 13th January 2007. Sadly it was left mid installation with no further correspondenc or explanation

The installation engineer arrived within the allocated time slot (11am) and installed the cable and set top box and modem, but towards what I assume was the end of the installation informed me that the installation could not be completed as the service needed to ‘catch up’ with the box and that a supervisor would return to my house the same day to complete the installation. He left at about 12.20pm.

At 3pm I called customer services to explain that I was anxious that the supervisor had not contacted me. I was informed that my account had be ‘flaggedâà ¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ and that the supervisor would ‘definitely be with me’, Nobody came. I stayed home all day and evening. Becuase i was told that they would be there.

It is now Monday 15th January and after hearing nothing and despite making more than 10 calls to customer services and receiving promises of a call back from the installation engineer manager and a visit from an engineer today, I have heard absolutely nothing!

I am appalled at the complete lack of customer focus and care the NTL staff have shown in this case, what a shockingly bad start!

As it currently stands I have a set top box and modem and nothing more. My previous service provider has been ended and I am now without either TV or internet services.

And no idea when its going to be resolved as no one can tell me!

Anyone else suffered this ? I am so dissapointed

Quite apart from the inconvenience caused by the ntl engineers’ lack of care, I now have to waste my time trying to organize their staff for a return visit to complete the job.
---------- Post added at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

Dont Have Them - You Have Got Away Lightly!!!