View Single Post
Old 03-07-2020, 17:21   #906
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Black Lives Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
It would usually be taken to refer to all people of colour (except white if you count that as a colour).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth
Which "BAME" people? All? Some? Most? Asians? Which minor ethnicities?

Will "brown" or "Yellow" have to be banned?
I imagine that yellow would be included as it's often used as a negative term to symbolise cowardice; I can't think of any negative connotations with brown though.

In fact, whilst the catch all politically correct term to refer to people of colour used to be the term black, it changed to 'black & Asian'. A lot of people now refer to people as 'brown people', but i'm not sure if this is meant to be a more accurate description of the former term 'black' to describe skin colour, or if It's meant to be a new way to differentiate between black & Asian people.
Well, exactly. It shows how ridiculous the term "BAME" is - the so-called activists trying to be inclusive to justify blowing up an outrage in the USA into a huge thing in the UK.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote