View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 22:44   #17
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Liberty Global in talks to merge Virgin Media with O2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Well I am an employee of one of those companies, and I wouldn’t be concerned. But I am not in the mobile division.

My other point was you have BT/EE, Vodafone, Three and O2

They are the 4no. MNO’s in the UK. When Three want to buy O2, that was blocked because that would have reduced the number of MNO’s to three.

Virgin, along with Tesco and a load of other MVNO’s are just essentially wholesale customers of whatever MNO they are contracted to.

So if Virgin move their business to O2 instead of Vodafone from EE, so what?
Per the Statista market share chart earlier, the market share of a combined O2 UK and VM would exceed 29% which is usually an issue in the UK.

The acquisition of O2 by Three was blocked by the European Commission who are unlikely to get involved now, per the FT article Den linked to.

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Interesting, thanks for posting.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote