View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 22:27   #16
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Liberty Global in talks to merge Virgin Media with O2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Yes, it will be interesting but probably concerning for some employees in those two companies.
The number of players in the market is not normally considered, but how you define a) the market and b) market share is key.
Well I am an employee of one of those companies, and I wouldn’t be concerned. But I am not in the mobile division.

My other point was you have BT/EE, Vodafone, Three and O2

They are the 4no. MNO’s in the UK. When Three want to buy O2, that was blocked because that would have reduced the number of MNO’s to three.

Virgin, along with Tesco and a load of other MVNO’s are just essentially wholesale customers of whatever MNO they are contracted to.

So if Virgin move their business to O2 instead of Vodafone from EE, so what?