View Single Post
Old 29-08-2019, 04:10   #25
fizzyade
cf.addict

fizzyade has a spectacular aura about themfizzyade has a spectacular aura about themfizzyade has a spectacular aura about themfizzyade has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Business Service with 13 Public IP Addresses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarmock View Post
I've experienced no issues with streaming, so don't think that is related to the static IP service - which I think you've confirmed when using a dynamic address.

Suspect the cause of that is something else.
Yep, can’t sleep tonight, think I’ve figured out the cause of the problem! Not sure why it was working before, maybe I had manually modified the offending value on the interface on my unraid server.

My unraid server has a 10G fibre connection, I have a 10G switch as the backbone of my network, when I was playing with getting the connection to max out iperf3 across my LAN I set the MTU to 9000, but never set it back to a sane value.

It seems this was the culprit, creating lots of fragmentation of packets when the WAN became involved, especially with the GRE encapsulation. I’d noticed that unless I carefully selected a Speedtest.net server I got results much lower than I expected, I have changed the MTU on the unraid server down to a better value (although not yet optimum) and I was able to stream from a web browser on my phone without buffering. Running a Speedtest on a VM on unraid now showed decent results on a random server as well.

Need to do a little more testing, by pretty sure I’ve discovered my issue.

Thanks for your responses again.
fizzyade is offline   Reply With Quote