View Single Post
Old 28-08-2019, 02:28   #21
fizzyade
cf.addict

fizzyade has a spectacular aura about themfizzyade has a spectacular aura about themfizzyade has a spectacular aura about themfizzyade has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Business Service with 13 Public IP Addresses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarmock View Post
Yes perforamcne issues with the static IP service was resolved a fair time ago... as an example - speed test I've just carried out:

I regularly use work VPN services via the GRE tunnel with no issues. This is connecting to both Cisco & Juniper VPN services. I have the 5 static IP address service.
Cheers, following your post I bit the bullet. I’ve just set it up after receiving the IP details earlier this evening.

As expected, L2TP IPSEC VPN server doesn’t work (I assume some GRE conflict), but outgoing connections to the external LT2P IPSEC servers work.

No biggie as I have OpenVPN on my network here, so I will use that going forward.

Took me a while to figure out that when the modem reprovisioned it stayed in modem mode rather than switching to router mode, but once I switched it back to router mode the GRE tunnel came up and the internet was working on my first static IP.

Thanks for your reply!
fizzyade is offline   Reply With Quote