View Single Post
Old 20-08-2019, 22:16   #17
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Business Service with 13 Public IP Addresses

I have a similar setup. First thing to do for this to work correctly is to take the Hitron OUT of modem mode. Surprised you can even get it into modem mode when configured for fixed IP addressing, as that should remove the option.

Secondly - check under Admin - VMB IP service at the bottom of the screen that the GRE tunnel status shows CONNECTED.

After that connect your router to any of the LAN ports on the Hitron and configure it to use a static WAN IP address and use the next useable IP address from your IP block. Make sure the subnet mask matches your IP block size. on your LAN side use a range such as 192.168.1.0/24 and ensure your external router is configured to perform NAT, as the Hitron will not do that in this config. Also you will need to define the next hop address on your router to point to the Hitron's IP address - first one in your IP address block.

To use other IP addresses in your fixed IP block you have two options - connect other devices to the Hitron and configure them with other IP addresses in your fixed IP block. OR ensure you use a router behind the Hitron that can use multiple IP addresses on it's WAN port. I am not familiar with the EA9500 so not sure if that router can do it. Draytek routers definitely can and Cisco IOS based routers definitely can. I use a Draytek 2960 in this config with no problems at all. Draytek uses the term IP alias and Cisco IOS routers would use secondary interface addresses.

Give this a try and let us know how it goes - will help more if you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishvilleMik View Post
Glad I found this thread - I have been going round and round in circles with this for months on and off.

I've got 5 (usable) IP's with my setup, and HITRON currently in modem mode. I can access the Hitron admin screen directly using the first IP in my allocated range, and the modem behind it (LinkSys EA9500) using the 2nd, but can't get any of the remaining IP's configured.

If I take the HITRON _out_ of modem mode, do I still essentially connect LAN1 from HITRON into the EA9500 and run wifi etc through that?

Still not clear to me how I manage the static IP's as I can't use port forwarding if multiple devices / servers will all be using HTTPS/443

Am I thinking this the wrong way, or do I need a different router (Draytek?) behind the HITRON.

Waaaaaaay more difficult than the enterprise networking kit I work with!
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote