Thread: General Analogue Cable Memories
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 18:59   #116
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Does anyone remember when cable companies starting just assigning thier digital locations to the analogue tier??

My cable company used to show ALL ANALOGUE ON THE ANALOGUE TIER (Channels 2-80 or whatever) then sometime after 2000 thay just assigned the digital location to the analog # (If Disney channel was assigned to 360 (digital) the same location would be converted to analogue and assigned to 33 also........ (When It was straight from C-band/OTA before)

Some stuff waas gotton RIGHT OUT OHE AIR on my system..... Channel 10 was OFF AIR(Recieved at the cable office via OTA) and one night it was raining and the conditions were just right and when channel 10 went off the air,another channel 10 came skipping in from rochester NY..... Only happend that 1 night,it was interesting..... (I watched the cosby show on it)

And then the same thing happend on channel 17 one night,after the local one went off air I saw channel 17 (WPHL) skipping in.. (They were barely tripping the video filter but they made it)

I have that on tape...... Its snowy and you can barely see it but it IS there.... Im amazed it cleared the video filter the cable company had on most channels... (So when the local channel went off you didnt see anything (A white hash screen))

It was a commerical and then the WPHL TV sign off message......

Thats probably the farthest skip I have seen (Channel 17 being the highest in freq) I dunno where they are (Penn I think) but it was nice seeing them....
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote