Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 22-01-2019, 14:43   #6760
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Exactly this (it's purposely designed to stop people airing their views under threat of being labelled a 'racist' and was successful for a number of years) or it is various forms of virtue signalling (they often get into this habit during their days at uni and one or two never grow out of it after entering the real world).

Listening to two of them trying to out trump each other about who is the more racist/anti racist between them is very tedious. I remember hearing one say that he'd got himself into "a prickly situation" and was immediately condemned as racist! This condemnation, of course, has to be done as loudly as possible in from of the max number of people to achieve the desired effect of the perpetrator.

Another person of a similar ilk thought it appropriate to walk around his local railway station demanding to know why none of the black staff were driving the trains, only white men. He completely ignored the fact that none of the drivers were women, but anti sexism in those days paid out less in PC brownie points.

Meanwhile, black people just got on with it in the face of actual racism.

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:33 ----------

If this happens, I hope to God that this doesn't start up the troubles In Ireland again. Similarly, if we leave without a deal I suspect that Scotland may decide to try to become independent and rejoin the EU.
there be a very high chance it would sadly and one of big reasons I have always argued we need to leave with a deal a no deal brexit is worse of all worlds

Last edited by Dave42; 22-01-2019 at 14:49.