Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 24-12-2018, 11:37   #5607
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
The usual ploy to use democracy to usurp democracy. We had a Referendum in 2016 and the government of the day committed to implement the result. It was even in their pamphlet:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...for-the-uk.pdf

"This is your decision. The Government will implement what you decide."

Do we upsurp democracy every time we have a general election ? Soon be 2019, 3 years since the Brexit vote, the electorate and opinions change, they are probably a lot more informed now than they were during the campaign of lies.

Hate and division seems to be the bright new future, I despair at the way the country is going, and not just because of Brexit. Poverty is increasing as are the number of homeless dying. Austerity and selfish attitude of many has taken its toll. Brexit is going to make things worse I'm afraid with an increasing rich/poor divide. Areas of the country that benefitted from EU help ie. most outside the SE, will be hit hard. Boris and Jacob will be ok though...

Anyway, let's have a Brexit armistice for Xmas ! Peace and goodwill to all men and all that cobblers ! I'm off for a walk in the sunshine to desperately try and think of happy things