View Single Post
Old 28-05-2008, 14:52   #7355
Rchivist
Inactive

Rchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfProtection View Post
Good Idea, but don't pick the highest profile thread pick one that's fairly active but slightly under the radar!

It may then last considerably longer before being pulled!
That tactic does work. If there is no mention of the 2 key words and if you use the link facility to put the relevant hyper links onto innocent phrases like "here" or "information", and if you use an innocent title, then posts can survive and get read.

But the avatar idea is a non-runner I'm afraid unless it was quite innocuous. Signatures are not a problem.
Name changes are also not a problem although I'm not trying that myself at the moment - I'm tempted to change my posting ID to Phorm or Webwise.

There is also no private messaging facility on BT Beta which makes communicating beneath the radar difficult.

BT simply do not want their customers to know about this. The average BT customer is not going to hear about Phorm/Webwise because BT are determined to keep it from them. There needs to be exposure on the red top press, and the peak hour consumer programs - with respect - the geek oriented stuff like Gadget and Click isn't enough.

BT is a mass-market ISP, and until they see something about Phorm/Webwise on the mainstream their 3 million customers will not care mainly because they don't know, and even if they do know, they won't understand.

I'm normally against things like viral marketing email campaigns (I don't mean real virus you understand) but I'm tempted in this situation. We've all got address books with contacts' btinternet, talktalk and VM addresses in them - could we do some viral email anti-phorm marketing? (doing it responsibly using Bcc field to safeguard privacy of data).

The email would need to have a short snappy title - a short explanatory teaser paragraph, a series of key page links like inphormation.org (I suggest it DOESN'T send people to forums - forums scare your average user! I know how hard it is to promote forum use to "ordinary" people!) - and a short list (like Kursks list but shorter and made simpler) of things that people can do really easily with minimum effort, all involving a short email to send to someon and an encouragement for them to send a similar mail to anyone they have in their address book with a BT/VM/TalkTalk address (using Bcc for round robins)

BT Retail email addresses are either ATbtinternet.com or ATbtopenworld.com

What are the ones for TalkTalk and VM?

Remember - here you can say and do what you like subject to a few "not being rude" rules. The mission over at BT is more to try and "catch" uninphormed customers and get their attention. And that ain't easy!

If all the BT customers using C/F (but with access to BT Beta forums) would like to PM me, I'd be interested in discussing strategy.