View Single Post
Old 30-07-2018, 13:38   #13160
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Thank you, Tinky his big brother logged in to his Tesco-careers page and they went over things last night in where he discussed a lot in where he gave his little brother some examples of what may be asked and here are some questions with what my youngest answered.

Describe a time you have been put in a position of trust.
At the cadets, I'm trusted with another cadet to do the tuck shop this duty is for senior cadets where trust has been gained as it entails handling money and letting our Squadron Leader know if anything needs to be bought for the tuck shop for the following week.

Name a time a manager has introduced something you disagreed with, how did you react?
I have no experience of this as this is my first time applying for a job but at my school, we got a new headmaster two years ago in where he applied a new rule in regards to when he walks into a class the pupils have to stand, while I don't agree with this I do it out of respect of my Head Master the way I see it his school his rules.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Hopefully, I will be working in Tesco while studying at Uni.

Describe a time you worked in a team to reach a target.
At the RAF Cadets, we needed to raise funds we managed this in a variety of ways and what we did as part of a team was bag packing, 2 mile sponsored walk and selling raffle tickets by working as a team we quickly raised the funds we needed to keep our minibus running. (his brother has said do not say I did but refer to the answer as we did)

Describe an example of good customer service.
Good customer service is always being positive and willing to assist your customers to the best of your ability.

Name a time you have been disappointed.
When my best friend moved up to Aberdeen when I was 12, but we still stay in contact via the Xbox and calling each other plus when he comes down to visit family we always make time to catch up.

All we can hope now is he remains calm tbh I have no worries here as my youngest is quite level-headed compared to his peers.

---------- Post added at 13:38 ---------- Previous post was at 13:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The main thing is to be proactive and ensure you're noticed I think. Offer helpful suggestions, interactive with people in a positive and constructive way and so on. Pretend the other people are your co-workers already.
Just showed my youngest this and he say's will do and thanks

As my youngest has said if he does not the job at least it's experience which I think is a really good outlook on it.