Thread: Streaming The Book of Boba Fett
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2022, 14:29   #43
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: The Book of Boba Fett

Quote:
Originally Posted by downquark1 View Post
The writing really irritates me, no one seems to understand what being a crime boss means or how the economics works. Bobba Fett doesn't actually seem to want to be a crime boss, make you wonder why he killed the last guy.
We may yet discover a link between Bib Fortuna and the killing of the Tusken tribe Fett adhered to. Who knows.

What's clear is that in this series we are getting a deep-dive into some of the cultures and traditions of Tatooine, that are actually central to the entire Star Wars saga but which we have been asked to take at face value so far.

Anakin Skywalker and his mother were slaves on Tatooine. Shmi Skywalker was eventually kidnapped by Tuskens who tortured her; this directly led to Anakin's first taste of the dark side and his interest in necromancy that then caused him to become a disciple of Darth Sidious. Luke Skywalker was raised by moisture farmers on Tatooine. His family dealt with Jawas and Tuskens from day to day. Plus, the Hutt family operation on Tatooine drew Han Solo into the fray.

In this series, Boba Fett (who has only ever known bounty hunting, and only because it was his father's trade) is learning how to live and move amongst these cultures, and through him we learn too.

Also, last night I loved that we got a decent in-universe explanation for the distress of the rancor keeper after it was killed by Luke Skywalker. All that stuff about the creatures bonding with their owner was quite lovely. I can't wait to see where they go with it.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote