View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 15:35   #39
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Harry and Meghan to step back as senior royals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Because no one had a clue who she was ....

The fact they think they are "Senior Royals" tells you how self important they [think] they are.

I really dont give a toss what they do, and neither I suspect do a lot of people.
They are senior Royals though. Prince Harry might not be in line to the throne but he is still the Grandson of the Queen, the son of the future King and the brother to the King after that.

Which is why he can't detangle himself from the Royals so easily. There will always be security and PR concerns for whatever it is he does next. I also think there is a problem if he trades on this Royalty in future work, if they seek to become mega celebrities and trade on their connection to the British Monarchy. I am not saying they will but that'll be the concern. The Civil List is nothing really and coming off it to 'become financially independent' is a bit of a cop-out if they're going to start making far more money by being Royalty in America.

It does raise the question of what we are doing to these people though. Trapping them in a role defined for them from birth that they cannot easily extract themselves from.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote