View Single Post
Old 14-05-2019, 17:40   #102
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: New channels planned for Freeview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
The may Sony is going right on Freeview I think POP will move on May 30th so that Al Jazeera Eng can launch after all POP is broadcasting on ARQ-B Right now.

Sony may move POP to Local Mux to share with Movies4Men +1
At first I thought "nah". But then I thought maybe. I had assumed M4M+1 was getting whole slot rather than the partial timeshare of SCC+1 which it replaced. But given the way Sony gave up the slot Keep It Country now occupies (which doesn't have full coverage as in Wales it's E4 in it), it's certainly possible. The cost to coverage ratio might be worth it, especially if AJEng compensate them to take over their contract for that slot.

However I just checked the Freeview EPG for M4M+1 and it has a 24hr schedule. Combined with the EPG promotion it was given, I just don't buy the point of Sony doing it if they were going to reduce it to timesharing with Pop after 2 weeks, when AJ English SD is due to start.

And if Pop moved that would require another retune, what would the point in another retune in 2 weeks time?

Therefore I think AJ English SD must be using other space.

Last edited by cheekyangus; 14-05-2019 at 17:43.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote