View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 11:16   #399
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Was looking through the digitalbitrate page for the VM multiplexes again and I think I'm starting to understand the tables.

Assuming I am, it seems that VM have just switched over quite a large number of MPEG2 SD channels to MPEG4, the MPEG2 placeholders are still there on those multiplexes but there is no data on them. I looked at one of them on my box in the diagnostics area and it is seems to comfirm it has switched over (it was C5 SD if you were wondering).

These changes are since the last time I looked at the table. If I am judging the progress correctly VM are likely to manage switch over pretty rapidly, I didn't think they'd do so many simultaneously prior to seeing this.

Of course I may be reading it all wrong, I'm no expert.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote