View Single Post
Old 24-10-2017, 14:24   #3139
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
It might be worth noting that M and Player aren't the same. Flags were present for the largely obsolete M Pack but not for the Player Pack, which seems a little odd.

Sky channels have their own unique combination of flags in the SDT and the test channels did not have any of those flags on the last scan data.
It is odd that the old M pack is flagged, but not the newer Player pack.

Ahhh, so it looks like these tests aren't for any missing Sky channels. I think that there's only Sky Atlantic, Pick +1 and Sky One +1 missing now. Have I missed any wholly owned Sky channels? Wasn't there a travel and a poker channel too?

---------- Post added at 13:24 ---------- Previous post was at 13:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Maybe a wind up, but if VM is going to concentrate on more Virgin exclusives (which don't come cheap) it would make sense for them to recoup this money as best they can.

I am currently watching 'Good Behavior', which is entertaining. My wife loves it. These exclusives are in danger of being missed by many, tucked away as they are in the on demand section, so it was a good move on their part to add this to 'My Shows'! What I'd call an elegant solution.
They wouldn't want to cannibalise their existing cable subscriber base, but as you say, could recoup some expenditure from offering it to non VM customers, especially in areas not served by cable.