View Single Post
Old 31-07-2020, 11:08   #1
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Possibly way off theory about Merit and CCXTV on Freeview

Here's my probably nonsense theory about what might be happening with Merit and CCXTV.

First up the "theory" may be related to the upcoming requirement that PSB channels be in the Top 24 positions on the EPG. BBC4 in Scotland needs to move and BBC3 might be returning, two spaces maximum are needed. The Shopping channels possibly feel they are going to get forced out so I think this might be preemptive action.

There are interesting things of note about the positions of the channels involved.

1) Ideal World currently has channels on LCN 22 and 23 (CCXTV), right next to 24, the cut off point.

2) QVC has LCN 35 (QVC Beauty) and 36 (QVC Style) right after Merit's LCN of 34.

Ideal World could buy Merit, swap places with their main channel of the same name and then sell Merit and CCXTV to a buyer that doesn't mind dealing with the problem coming in January 2021 with the Top24 issue.

Same goes for QVC, and it has the additional convenience of placing all their channels on concurrent LCNs if it bought Merit.

It could be both Shopping channels are involved in the same process. Ideal World may only be half way through dealing with LCN 23, having already swapped CCXTV with Create & Craft, and QVC are doing it Merit.

Like I said at the start, it's probably wrong this theory, I just thought I'd share it. At the very least you can be amused by my wrongness.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote