View Single Post
Old 24-07-2020, 14:59   #76
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: New WiFi Router and Cat8 cable

my bad, I miss interpreted that. I read it as everyone was only getting 40% speed on average and max 60%. If that is area utilisation then there is plenty of juice to go around. As an fyi there is absolutely nothing wrong with speedtest.net and it has been the gold standard for over 10 years. VM can't diss it because speedtest.net isn't some dodgy 3rd party test site which is unreliable, they point you to VM's own speed test server on VM's network. There is one thing having a dodgy result if you leave VM's network and go to another 3rd party server. A bad result could be due to any number of things beyond VM's control but when you can't get full speed across VMs network to a server on their network then something is wrong. It is good logic and and good troubleshooting and for VM to speak badly of it is poor. Regardless of which tier I have been on over the years I have always been able to get full speed off speedtest.net and the only times I haven't is when there has been a problem (which is the entire point of it). My Android phones and tablets have always achieved full speed as well.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote