Thread: General Cable damage
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 00:06   #17
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: Cable damage

we had a fence put up in our front garden after our neighbour died (there wasnt a front garden fence between our two properties as my mum would nip over the lawn to get her supplies etc) as the fence was being put up i warned the two men about the virgin media cable under the soil. They told me not a problem.

Within 10 minutes the tv and internet went off and i saw the older bloke looking annoyed and the young intern fencer open mouthed. they'd cut through the wire.

We got virgin media out and the guy who fixed the wire said it had been done wrong anyway. apparently there is a wire installed and then a protective outside put over it. the protective part hadnt been put on. no idea if that led to us not being charged but long story short we werent charged.
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote