View Single Post
Old 20-01-2023, 11:37   #7511
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
I worked for the Government for years and even I have problems. Did they send you to the following site ..https://www.gov.uk/get-state-pension before you tried to get any sense out of the silly phone process?

You could do as I do and just try to go old school and fill in a form which you should be able to get by calling 0800 731 7898 ... but if you are being targeted by the DWP "Drive People Mad" programme that's probably the number you have already tried.

I always find a large Gin helps.
That's the link I used last year, and (luckily) it all went through smoothly.

Only thing to bear in mind is the tax implications (if you have other pensions already being/about to be claimed) - when I went into my HMRC personal tax section after my State Pension was due to be paid (every four weeks), a figure of £220 had been put in for my amount of State Pension until the end of the Tax Year (when if fact it was just over £3k). I calculated what it would be, and put that figure in - what they then do (and it took about a week), is then total up all the pensions you are getting paid, and tax one of the other ones by the amount of tax due on the State Pension), so expect to have one of your other payments (if you have any) reduced.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote