View Single Post
Old 16-11-2017, 17:22   #1230
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other TV Snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
LOTR has officially got the go ahead with a multi-season commitment. Apparently Amazon paid $250 million to the Tolkien estate for the rights. WTF do they with all that money?
I'd say live a very nice life..

Actually, I don't blame the family. If someone is willing to pay that, why not? It's not as if they are hurting anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
It will have to be multi series to give Amazon a chance of getting the £250 million back and their production costs.
Probably, but how much has Game Of Thrones made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Lets hope it lives up to the quality of the films because if it does then l for one cannot wait to watch it.
I hope it lives up to the Lord of The Rings films. I fell asleep during the first Hobbit film, so never bothered with the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Yup, and they don't have to worry about it being cancelled because it is their series so if they were clever they would sit down and map out 5-7 seasons to give it some structure. This has got the potential to be epic.
Again, as long the story is up to the standard of the Lord of the Rings films. I don't think The Hobbit was, but in fairness it was originally a children's book.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote