View Single Post
Old 15-08-2018, 22:45   #1012
Chloé Palmas
Inactive

Services: Sky HD (2 TB / 1.5 TB MultiRoom) Sky Fiber Max
Chloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation eraChloé Palmas has entered a golden reputation era
Re: VM loses UKTV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
So Virgin claims the BBC is witholding on demand, and UKTV says the fallout is because Virgin is cutting the amount it's willing to pay them. Where does the truth lie? Somewhere in the middle is my guess.

The 2016 BBC carriage deal with UKTV included 10,000 hours of on demand content, including Only Fools and Horses (see here). OFAH is BBC content of the type Virgin says UKTV can't provide. So at some point in the past two years, UKTV seems to have lost the rights to on demand BBC archive programmes. If the BBC gave UKTV no option to renew the on demand rights, I can see why Virgin would be upset with the BBC.
That to me would not be a failure on Virgin's side and if they are getting less from UKTV, why wouldn't they expect to pay less?

Of course, the same could be said for the customers too!
I think that the BBC / on Demand content has been dropping everywhere / for everyone actually, not just a VM thing. They shouldn't have taken it quite so personally. Even though Versailes came to an end, the Beeb didn't even let it stay on catch up beyond a week (as nobody picked up the third series) and even though Gold is running Dad's Army from the start the BBC still has not located the missing episodes. That really is BBC based, not singling out VM IMO. (Even UKTV is suffering).
Chloé Palmas is offline   Reply With Quote