View Single Post
Old 15-08-2018, 21:11   #1009
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin Media & UKTV+ITV Channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
What were the old and new carriage costs, then, Richard? They haven't made that public as far as I am aware, so you cannot say the nil carriage costs for three weeks or so will not cover the discounts and compensation payments. It's just a finger in the air argument.

As far as your second paragraph is concerned, when did you start setting the rules? You are plugging this tired old argument to death, and yet we will all see that this will be a distant memory for most of us before too long. Surely there is a limit, even for you, on the number of different ways you can make this point.

With regard to the UKTV HD situation, yes, I stand corrected in that Gold HD was the only one withheld previously. I was mistakenly counting Drama, which unfortunately is not available in HD, although I can't think why. It would make more sense if it was Drama rather than Gold, but there you go.

---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

1. Gold HD
2. More 'On demand'.
3. A commitment from the BBC to commence negotiations on the BBC archives which they previously refused.
Possibly, 4. A reduction in cost, which would have reduced the size of the price hike.

I think all this, together with the discounts and compensation payments (and of course the return of the UKTV channels) as well as those 'replacement channels', have satisfied most.
What rules are you talking about? Some of your comments are becoming more and more bizarre.

It's not your place to try and inhibit others from expressing their opinion with the use of sneery and sanctimonious remarks as you appear to be increasingly doing. I think that this will have an affect on VM well into the future because some people have now lost faith in VM to be able to continue providing the channels that they signed up for and you don't. It's as simple as that and whose opinion is correct will become clear when the company results are published.

If a customer is now getting an open ended discount of pounds per month, it's bound to cost more in lost revenue than what they saved by not having to provide that customsr the UKTV channels for 2/3 weeks at a cost of pennies per channel per week. Multiply this many times and there you have your answer.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote