Thread: O2 O2 scam calls
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2023, 14:25   #3
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: O2 scam calls

I just had one of these scam calls, could barely understand it, but I let it play out.

Here is what happened.

They did not ask me for any private information, they already had my name, my address, my bank account I use for O2, this bank account actually isnt used for any other company, which tells me O2 have been compromised.

They had my email address I use for O2, although this one I use for various things.

After I hung up they tried to ring me every minute for nearly an hour.

They sent me emails which showed a £36 monthly payment to pay for an apple iphone, which they told me on the phone would be a free gift from O2.

The email checking the headers actually came from O2 mail servers.

They also sent me a password reset email and I can confirm my password no longer works on the O2 web page.

They asked me my security question (correct question) I gave them the wrong answer, and they said it was wrong.

They then asked me to repeat a passcode to authorise an account change as a bypass to the security question which is when I hung up.

I confirmed my password did change.

--

Rang O2 on 202

I got told to send the caller number to 77726 SMS, but the message fails to send, O2 confirmed my password changed but they said its because they did it in the past (not convinced) they reset it again for me, and confirmed nothing changed on my account otherwise. Never had this before with any other provider, O2 need to admit they been compromised and sort their stuff out.

The email I got after calling 202, came from the same email servers as what the scammer sent.

Also to add I have had a crap ton of missed calls on my O2 phone lately, I expect they all these scammers now.

Also like said above I never had this on either EE or giffgaff.

Last edited by Chrysalis; 11-09-2023 at 15:04.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote