Thread: 350M Speed issues
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 22:04   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Speed issues

I feel like you are winding me up. Ethernet ports don't have issues so if you are having wired connectivity problems the shub has either had it and needs replacing or the problem lies elsewhere on the client (e.g. pc) with nic settings or drivers etc. Ofcom are a regulator and do not resolve technical faults and especially not remotely. They deal with customer complaints and enforcement of industry guidelines and best practise.

It would be very easy to diagnose the issue by asking a series of straightforward questions and VM could have easily sent a new shub out or engineer based on that. I can only assume they didn't (which is very rare) because they were unable to get any helpful and meaningful information from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCroc1 View Post
the hub is in what virgin call a happy place
you have made that up because that doesn't mean anything at all

Let's start from the beginning.

1) What device(s) are you using to connect to the shub. Is it one wired pc or are you using tablets and phones etc over wifi?
2) Why do you think you are only getting 20kbits? Have you run a speed test from one of the devices?
3) Has this just started happening recently or has it been like it for a while?
4) From your original post I assume you are on the 350mbit tier?

When you reply please punctuate or I will run out of reading patience very quickly.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote