Thread: VM Business New VM Business service - 350Mb
View Single Post
Old 23-09-2018, 16:08   #134
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era
Re: New VM Business service - 350Mb

I have the 5 static setup that you have with a DrayTek router behind the Hitron. I do not suffer performance issues any longer - though did when those problems were prevalent.

The connection has been very stable on the whole and performs well. As you say in multi static mode the Hitron performs no NAT, so is close to modem mode while still supporting the muti-static IP routing.

Interestingly recently I have had a few instances where the cable connection is stable, the GRE tunnel is marked 'Connected' but no traffic passes and requires a restart of the Hitron to restore service. It's rare that that happens, but it does happen.

Suggest when you get this situation connect tot he Hitron Web interface - check under Status -> DOCSIS WAN to see that you are connected. And then under Admin -> VMB IP Service to see that the GRE tunnel is Connected. If both check out OK but you cannot pass traffic then you have the same situation I have.

I am going to drop my contact in VMB a note about that.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote