View Single Post
Old 30-12-2018, 21:20   #4883
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
I may try Netflix for a month, and was wondering how ppl access it before I experiment and the missus gets annoyed with me for not leaving it alone

Attached to the TV I have the following netflix compatible devices (the TV itself, and blu ray player are too old for the netflix app)

ps3
ps4
PC
Virgin Tivo

sadly blu tooth no longer works on ps3, so the blu mote remote won't work any more, and have to use a controller cabled

ps4 - would have to use controller so a bit cumbersome

PC - i could maybe set up the ps3 blumote with that, I've used that with vlc on the pc, not sure you can configure for netflix? I've also got wireless logitech keyboard with built in mousepad.

virgin Tivo box - seems most sensible - can use the remote as a normal remote, but bbc iplayer I've found to be a bit hit and miss, I remember a couple of times 5 mins into a sit com giving up and using the ps3 iplayer app instead, or pc as it kept stuttering
It depends on the tivo you have? I have the V6 and netflix and iplayer etc load up exceptionally quick and are very stable.

The older tivo we have downstairs i have encountered issues with iplayer where it loads forever and then sometimes just stops randomly.