View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 08:58   #7858
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Worldwide, of course.

---------- Post added at 23:53 ---------- Previous post was at 23:47 ----------

Agreed, but when audience levels get to neglible proportions (won't even get that far!),why would any commercial operation be arsed to provide a service to a small minority of viewers who are probably not raking in any significant interest advertising wise?

You are describing some sort of romantic vision that is never going to come to pass. Think economics. It should be easy for you. One would have thought.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 23:54 ---------- Previous post was at 23:53 ----------

[/Sun-seekers had to be turned away as thousands descended on Bournemouth and Poole to visit the towns' beaches on the UK's hottest day of the year.
By 09:00 BST roads were gridlocked and a mobile app to aid social distancing was showing red in three areas - meaning "avoid".
Police and council officers patrolled the seafronts in both towns.
Brighton and Hove City Council, said crowds were making it "impossible to maintain physical distancing" there.
And in Kent, Thanet District Council said some of its most popular beaches were full.

Yes, Hugh, but some of us seek solutions to problems. The BBC is working on it.
OB, really? I didn’t know that...

(Except for the fact, as mentioned before, that one of my best friends is a Lead Technical Architect at the BBC, working specifically on the Telecomms area, who speaks at International conferences on the impact of 5G on broadcasting, and who is a member of a National 5G Working Group advising the UK Government, and my comments are informed by discussions with him - which highly experienced technical resource at the BBC are your comments informed by?).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 01-08-2020 at 09:03.