View Single Post
Old 31-07-2020, 21:55   #7854
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
How long is it until 2035, MM, remind me...?!

Yes, and this is 2020. I don't get it with you guys. There is a clear trend developing here and you refuse absolutely to consider where this will lead.

Well, you've made your mind up, so I guess there's nothing I can do about that. You will see in time that Pluto will conclude that it is safe to rely solely on the on demand aspect of their service, although it really doesn't bother me either way. It's still IPTV. And it's still of minority interest. No-one I speak to, and I have a wide circle, have ever heard of Pluto anyway.
There is indeed a clear trend that nobody has disputed. The point, that you never adequately address, is how that trend reaches zero?

You’ve conceded that you think what you consider “low value” linear content will now exist. My point has always been that major content providers will maintain a linear presence and if linear television does exist why would they not want to be there? A 24 hour advert for their streaming service using content they already own?

For context broadband penetration went from 94% to 95% between 2014 and 2019. Trends fo 100 (or 0) are extremely hard to achieve by market forces.