View Single Post
Old 26-06-2020, 11:55   #9
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Re: Home network - switch issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
I don't know the SHUB settings but on my router I configure DHCP range from .100 to .199 and use the lower numbers for network devices or clients I want to fix and .200.254 for things like printers, TiVos etc that I also want to fix but are more "publicly" available.

So I would still fix network devices like switches, routers, AP's to the low numbers. The range is big enough I can add new routers/AP's etc to replace older ones, get them working then retire the old.

For some devices they still use DHCP but I fix the IP via MAC address.
You can configure DHCP reservations on the Superhub but it hardly seems worth the hassle in this case if the OP is using it as no more than just a dumb switch.

Better off just setting the default VLAN configuration to use DHCP and there's no need to worry about it when changing ISP again in the future.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote