Thread: Superhub SHUB3
View Single Post
Old 26-10-2017, 20:45   #14
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: SHUB3

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
As Kush said, if you want a router which performs flawlessly without any wireless issues, dns issues, random reboots etc etc then you need to buy a proper router because freebies don't cut it. I used to endorse Linksys but they have gone down hill over the last couple of years and Asus is now the bees knees. Something like this would be a great start. It has been a while since we had a thread like this so I'll say this for the benefit of everyone reading. Lots and lots of forum users ask for help with the shub and/or advice on buying a new router but I would say only ~15% follow through with it. After all, who wants to spend ~£85 on a piece of equipment which you think you can get for free? The problem is that free stuff isn't the best, it is made on the cheap, poorly tested and never works properly.

Shubs are "okay" for the average user but with everyone having multiple wired and wireless devices spread throughout their houses these days you need something which can handle the load and deliver the kind of performance you expect. Companies like Asus make routers which are £100+ for a reason. Myself and Kush have got Asus routers, we set them up, configure our settings and just leave them there. They always work 100% and I never have a need to access the gui because something is "playing up" or because there might a problem. I download a tonne of stuff, I play fps and host games, I stream a lot of content from servers across the network to TV's, I have two networks printers, many laptops/phones/tablets and everything works perfectly all the time because I chose to invest in the most critical component which creates and manages the network and that is the router.
Thanks very much for that, and I apologise for being so impatient! I'm no expert on anything like this, far from it actually, and I appreciate any advice given, I have been reading about homeplugs and how they improve your WiFi signal, in your opinion is this an acceptable method to increase the signal in areas of the house which are quite far from the SHUB 3 that have a weak signal? Are they a cheaper option than a router with the same results?

Thx
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote