View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 14:42   #937
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Black Lives Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
You had my approval until the last comment.
Thing is, Maggy, without the controversial remark at the end I wouldn’t have drawn your comment on the substantive text.

---------- Post added at 14:42 ---------- Previous post was at 14:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Are you saying that the UK has no need to apologise its for colonial past? You paint a rose tinted picture of our colonial legacy which is at odds with the real world especially when viewed from the perspective of the colonised.

Also, the Foreign Aid programme is not "wretched" as you put it, it's purpose is to support sustainable development and to help in disaster relief. You can debate the details of implementation but the overarching mandate is worthy unless you resort to a pure nationalist approach where no one is worthy of help outside of these shores.
There is no need to apologise at all any more than Italy needs to apologise for Roman pillage etc. Every thing evolves. It’ a stupid woke concept.

As regards how the ex-colonised view matters, they are the subject of corrupt and cruel governments and the demand, if any, for compensation comes from those very same corrupted politicians. I’m generalusing because there are minor exceptions.

As regards foreign aid, it has been mis-spent especially when seen in the context of what needs sorting out in the UK.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote