View Single Post
Old 06-12-2003, 22:58   #99
DrAwesome
Inactive

DrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond reputeDrAwesome has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DrAwesome Send a message via MSN to DrAwesome
Re: Want ADSL?-Read on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by themelon
The UKs networks simply cannot cope with everyone being on Broadband. Without serious investment we will see dial up speeds through a cable modem of ADSL Modem.
Looking at the majority of exchanges the trigger levels are quite high and it looks as if they are filling up fast as prices become more and more competitive i noticed some adsl ip's offering low price or free dialup accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themelon
For those who make the switch, Final Word of Warning dont get a 'free' USB modem or any USB modem for that matter.....they are ****e pure and simple!! Go for Internal or Ethernet...Or a router is more logical..
I'm still waiting for someone to suggest a good alround cheap adsl ethernet modem or ethernet modem/router & firewal etc..

Spoilt for choice? here are just some of the adsl modems on offer i found hunting via Google

D-Link DSL-300G+ Ethernet ADSL Modem priced at £68.14 inc vat

Netgear DG834 LAN Starter Kit comes with DG834 ADSL Router, 2 x network cards and 2 x cables priced at £97.51 inc vat

Netgear DG834 on its own priced at £93.99 Inc vat
The info i have read on the DG834 suggests that it is ethernet on the router side but fails to mention weather its a usb or ethernet on the modem side (usually usb modems dont come packaged with a small transformer (external power adapter) so thats a sign that it is a ethernet adsl modem).

SMC SMC7401BRA £76.36 inc vat

Zoom Hayes 5560 X3 £82.24 inc vat

Solwise ADSL Modem/Router (SAR130) £70.44 inc vat

NetGear DM602 ADSL-Modem (ethernet/ usb) from £53-70 depending where you buy this model

Actiontec USB/Ethernet DSL Modem priced around £53-58 depending where you buy it.

Binatone ADSL 2000 High Speed ADSL Router Modem priced at £49.35 inc vat.

Above are just a few ethernet adsl modem.. modem/routers on offer if you choose adsl BB to connect to the internet so many choices which one do you choose?
DrAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote