View Single Post
Old 20-02-2007, 20:44   #280
Le00N
Inactive

Services: 8Mbit UKOnline
Le00N is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Want ADSL?-Read on....

I'm just in the middle of waiting for my UKOnline 8Mbit ADSL connection when still using my ntl 4Mbit Cable Modem and have one thing to say - I pray to get the new one as soon as possible .. I've been with ntl for almoust 2 years, for the first year it was really ok.. I always knew that they have a really bad support but as long as my connection was working fine I didn't mind ..

5 months ago I've started to loose my connection, lagging out in on-line games, slow connection most of the time etc. I was calling them around 5-7 times (they've refunded only one of these 25 minutes calls!) before one of them told me that I'm connected to the WRONG server... Only God knows for how long and how they did it ..

After switching me to the right one problem was resolved .. for around 1 week becasue lags came back, twice worser than before. Especially between 18pm-23pm. I phoned them up and they said I'm connected to the right server this time .. And ofcourse sang me their old well known song about "virus, restarting modem/pc, spyware" .. and after around next 5 calls (hell .. I really paid a lot for these calls) they've send an engineer.. and surprisingly he knew what he was doing but ... he had no bloody idea what is the problem and after few things checked told me that he has no more time for me and I have to call ntl centre to get another appointment ...

Are they kidding me? ... I'm not perfectly sure about that but I think ntl's ratio is 100/1 when even BT has 50/1 and UKOnline is on 33/1, inlcluding hours of the problem it's not hard to see what is the cause of it ...

So conclusion is simple - if NTL will not wake up and start providing a Service (with big S) and not a "service" as they do at the moment then even mariage with Virgin Media won't help them and they will loose us one by another - just like they've lost me and many others already

ADSL2+ for the win ...
Le00N is offline   Reply With Quote